The Construction and Manufacturing section work closely with Industry and Awarding Organisations such as GQA, EAL and PAAVQSET to bring a diverse range of Apprenticeship Frameworks and NVQ only qualifications which meet specific industry requirements.
The Assessment Team were selected in 2013 and 2014 to Judge the finalists in the FiT Show Masterfitter Challenge for the Fenestration Industry and in 2013 won the GQA Award for Best Practice in Internal Quality Assurance out of the registered Centres in the UK.
FENESTRATION – Competent Persons Scheme
IPS are an approved provider for the Fenestration Industry Competent Persons Scheme for FENSA registered individuals and companies to obtain their Minimum Technical Competency (MTC) in Fenestration Installation and Fenestration Surveying.
IPS qualification routes are recognised and approved, whether you wish to apply for a Labourer, Skilled Operative or Management CSCS Card. For further details, CSCS Card compliance and the relevant changes (effective June 2014) please visit http://www.cscs.uk.com/cscs-cards/health-and-safety-test
· Level 1 Award in Construction Health & Safety (One Day)
· Level 2 Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-Trade Repair and Refurbishment (Apprenticeship)
· Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations (NVQ Only)
· Signmaking : Installation & Manufacturing (Level 2 and Level 3)
· Fenestration: Glazing (Level 2 & 3), Fenestration Installation (Level 2 & 3), Fenestration Surveying (Level 3), Fabrication (Level 2 & 3), Curtain Wall Installation (Level 2), Glass Processing (Level 2), Glass Distribution & Warehousing (Level 2), Occupational Management in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment (Level 4)
- Performing Manufacturing Operations (Level 2)