A trainer / teacher training course designed to help you with the many aspects of training / teaching and learning and/or to consolidate your existing experience, where appropriate.
"Really enjoyed it, learnt a lot"
This qualification can also be used for those new to training / teaching in Further or Adult Education in a variety of roles, who wish to ‘get into’ the many aspects of training / teaching and learning quickly and obtain a nationally recognised training qualification, before proceeding on to the Certificate or Diploma (often called a Certificate in Post Compulsory Education – (Cert Ed.) at a University). The course is designed for trainers who would like a recognised qualification for training / teaching adults (post 16 generally, but can go down to age 14).
"Extremely enjoyable, extremely knowledgeable"
Length of course:
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a five day course.
Who is the qualification for?
It is good practice and often an employer requirement for those wishing to enter training and teaching adults in England. The qualification is widely recognised as the standard for those beginning to train / teach in the non-regulated sector in England, as well as in other nations.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not in a training / teaching role, or who have just started a training / teaching role;
- want a short qualification;
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels;
- want a qualification without a minimum training / teaching practice requirement;
- may have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be carried forward into this training / teaching qualification.
"Very good facilitator"
Learner entry requirements?
We do not set entry requirements for this qualification. This introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum training / teaching practice requirement. Therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a training / teaching role. However, learners need to have the potential and opportunity to achieve the qualification and there is a minimum requirement to take part in microteaching. There are 3 assignments to be completed after the attendance dates.
"A very good course with lots of support and encouragement"
What do the qualifications cover?
They allow learners to learn knowledge and skills required to enter teaching. They are part of a framework of qualifications for trainers / teachers in England.
To give course members a thorough grasp of initial theory and practice of teaching and training in the post-compulsory education sector.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of training / teaching and tutoring
- reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
- identify principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- develop communication and inter-personal skills
- develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities.
This is a 5 day course.
Tr 003/17 Wed 13, Thurs 14, Fri 15, Mon 18 & Tues 19/09/17 inclusive
Tr 004/17 Wed 13, Thurs 14, Fri 15, Mon 18 & Tues 19/12/17 inclusive
Only £379.99 + VAT per person (includes training, refreshments and course handouts). IPS International accept most major credit cards, BACS, cheque, etc.
IPS International Ltd, Northbank House, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4DU
To book this course:
01634 298800 PLEASE NOTE IPS INTERNATIONAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE A COURSE IF UNDER SUBSCRIBED