The IPS Engineering Awards Ceremony is only a few days away, and we are excited to celebrate the success of the students on the 20th July at the Corn Exchange, Rochester.
What does it entail?
The awards evening is in part, recognition of First-year student’s achievement in the context of their apprenticeship framework which is their transition from Education into the working environment. However, the primary focus of the awards evening is to celebrate achievement for our 2nd-year students who have completed the National Diploma in Engineering which is a very challenging course. The ceremony allows IPS as training provider, employers, friends, and family to celebrate with the students their achievement in achieving excellence in a fitting environment
Many local and National companies have nominees for the various awards that will be on offer. The awards have got sponsors, and IPS would like to say a big thank you to those businesses.
The following awards attainable on the night:
- BTEC Year 2 Best Student
- Star Refrigeration (Sponsor) – Effort and Progress Awards
- MKE Engineering (Sponsor) – BTEC First Most Improved Award and BTEC Project (2nd Year) Award
- Apprentice of the Year
- Cory Environmental (Sponsor) – Personal Development Cup
- National Grid (Sponsor) – Mechanical Award and BTEC year one best student
- Givaudan (Sponsor) – MultiSkilled Award
- SES Water (Sponsor) – Electrical Craft Cup
- Most improved 1st-year Award
- Most Improved 2nd Year Award
- DS Smith (Sponsor) – BTEC Top Student (Marks)
- BAE Systems (Sponsor) – BAE SYSTEMS Salver award and BAE SYSTEMS Project