Trainees that complete the IPS Pneumatics training course are able to competently:
- Recognise fluid power components and understand their use
- Read schematics and understand the symbols used and their function
- Use appropriate fault finding techniques to ascertain the nature of a fault - flow, pressure, directional, actuator or machine related
- Assemble and test circuits that make use of a variety of standard pneumatic & electro-pneumatic control valves
- Assemble and test circuits that also incorporate a variety of pneumatic LOGIC valves
- Use appropriate fault finding techniques to diagnose faults in a pneumatics power system.
For a pneumatic system, technicians will know how and why a logic “AND” valve should be used in a circuit.
Pneumatics training course contents:
1) PNEUMATIC PRINCIPLES
a) Compressed Air, Gas Laws, Water Condensation, Pressure Dew Point
2) PNEUMATIC SYSTEMS
a) Pneumatic circuit symbols
b) Single-stage and Multi-stage compressor units
c) Air receivers
d) Safe start-up and inspection procedures
e) Distribution Systems
3) AIR LINE PIPING AND FITTINGS
a) Pressure Regulators, Air Flow Regulators,
b) Air line filters and lubricators, Moisture Separators
c) Nylon pipework application - connection, fittings
4) AIR CYLINDERS
a) Single-acting cylinders
b) Double-acting cylinders
c) Cylinder seals
d) Soft seating techniques
a) Flow regulation
b) Direction control valves, standards
c) Types of valve, ports, spools, Pilot, solenoid operation
d) Circuit symbols, Circuit presentation, and documentation
e) Fault finding and problem analysis
a) Pneumatic sensors
b) Logic and time delay units
c) Rotary actuators
d) Rodless actuators
Pneumatics Training Course Practical Exercises
Function & operation of pressure controls, flow controls, directional controls, logic valves, timers, actuators (linear & rotary).
Assembling & Testing Circuits, Simple sequence, complex sequence, “AND”/”OR”, interlock.Fault Location & Diagnosis – component (flow, pressure or direction).
Schematics – ISO1219, CETOP, study & interpretation
At each stage trainees undertake a practical task designed to reinforce a practical topic and add real relevance to the training.
SEE THE COURSE DATES FOR THIS COURSE