18th Edition Wiring Regulations 2382
The City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations course is aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals needing to update and enhance their understanding of the wiring regulations.
The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) publish the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations as British Standard BS7671:2018 Blue Book. The Regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations, also additions and alterations to existing installations.
The advantages of training with IPS
- Training delivered by experienced Engineers
- Do the training, do the test, get your provisional results
- Computer based online testing
- City & Guilds SecureAssess exam system
- Swift retakes, at a time to suit you
- Get the C&G Certificate in 2/3 weeks
- Free parking at IPS Rochester
* Please note: The City and Guilds Registration Date deadline is 7 days before course start date.
What you'll learn
- The New Regulations and Safety Requirements for Electrical Installation (Part P of the Building Regulations, competent persons and supervisors)
- Assessment of an installation to the new standards demanded by the 18th Edition
- Protection against shock, terminology and definitions
- Overcurrent protection and discrimination – and the increased reliance on RCD/RCBO (where to use RCD and RCBO’s, and their settings for the new locations and new protection requirements)
- Protection by isolation including isolation requirements of devices
- Selection and erection of equipment in general purpose locations and in the new Special Locations of Part 6 of the Regulations. (Hot tubs, fairgrounds, marinas, floor and ceiling heating etc)
- Earthing arrangements of systems, and earthing and bonding arrangements (What is the difference between bonding and earthing, what to bond and to where)
- Special installations, and special locations – many new requirements, and locations. (There are several new inclusions, and some old ones have gone – how to work on them) Electric Vehicle charging installations. On shore connections for inland navigation vessels
- Inspection and Testing to the new requirements of Part 6 of the Regulations
- Content and use of appendices
- Course review
- City & Guilds multiple choice exam (2 hours, 60 questions)
Part of the course involves Mini Exercises requiring delegates to perform calculations or written answers to problems posed during each section of the course and it is advisable for delegates to have a calculator and writing materials with them. The exam will normally run from 12:30pm to 2:30pm on the final day.
This City & Guilds qualification is aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals needing to update and enhance their understanding of the wiring regulations. City & Guilds 2382 is accredited as a Level 3 qualification.
5 day Course. Exam will take place on the 5th day.
* Please note: The City and Guilds Registration Date deadline for the exam is 7 days before course start date.
The 18th Edition 2382 training course has no formal entry requirements however candidates will require a basic knowledge of electrical science and installation and have the potential to successfully gain the qualification. The minimum age for the course is 18+
Exam only and exam retake option
If you would rather just take the online exam or are looking to retake please contact us for futher enquires.
Online exam £45 + City & Guilds registration £50 + VAT
Once you have completed and gained the 18th Edition qualification you may want to consider doing the Electrical Inspecting and testing course 2391 or the PAT testing course 2377.