Panel Distribution Circuits
Electrical Multiskill E2: This module introduces candidates to how electrical panels are wired and constructed. On successful completion of this module candidates will be able to:
- identify the safety features that should be present on all panels and can identify the relevant electrical circuit protection features
- read and follow circuit diagrams with three-phase and single-phase circuit distribution voltages and protection devices
- carry out fault diagnosis in a safe, systematic and structured manner
What you'll learn
- Introduction to the safety features that should be present on all panels
- Earthing, fuse or circuit breaker protection, Isolation mechanism
- Main and Auxiliary circuits
- Identification of the relevant electrical circuit protection features
- Use and layout of circuit diagrams with three-phase and single-phase circuit distribution voltages, DC control circuits and protection devices
- Fault diagnosis in a safe, systematic and structured manner
The aim is that candidates can safely identify components and understand their function within an electrical control panel.
3 day course.
Candidates should have attended the Electrical Isolation course or have had relevant training experience that they can work safely within the training group.
These modules and bespoke modules may be delivered on site at IPS or at customer premises.
These modules can be used in conjunction with an NVQ programme to support and supplement the practical skills requirements.