The hydraulic course focuses on the practical aspects of assembling and testing a range of hydraulic circuits. Candidates will also be required to safely isolate the hydraulic system if a component is to be removed.
The function of hydraulic control valves and actuators will be demonstrated and incorporated into a hydraulic circuit for testing. Candidates will then be expected to complete a range of fault-finding tasks.
Candidates will also be given the supporting knowledge necessary to be able to identify symbols and read a schematic drawing.
Continuous reference will be made to manufacturers source material for the purposes of correctly identifying hydraulic components. The manufacturers guidance will also be used to set a adjust a hydraulic component correctly.
What you'll learn
- Assemble and test a range of hydraulic circuits using different types of hydraulic controls
- Safely isolate a hydraulic system for maintenance purposes
Diagnose a hydraulic system related fault
- Interpreting a schematic
- Understanding the operation and function of control valves and actuators and pumps
- Know how to read and interpret a schematic
- Know how to identify a hydraulic component
- Know how to safely isolate a hydraulic system
- Know how to diagnose a fault
- Know how to make an adjustment to the setting of a hydraulic component
A 3 day course.
All our standard courses and bespoke courses may be delivered on-site at IPS or customer premises.
These courses can be used in conjunction with an NVQ programme to support and supplement the practical skills requirements.