The pneumatics course focuses on the practical aspects of assembling and testing a range of pneumatic circuits. Candidates will also be required to safely isolate the pneumatic system if a component is to be removed.
This course will only consider machine related pneumatic equipment and systems and will not include compressed air generation.
The function of pneumatic control valves and actuators will be demonstrated and incorporated into a pneumatic circuit for testing. Candidates will then be expected to complete a range of fault-finding tasks.
The course will also provide trainees with the supporting knowledge necessary to be able to identify symbols and read a schematic drawing.
Continuous reference will be made to manufacturers source material for the purposes of correctly identifying pneumatic components. Manufacturers guidance will also be used to set and adjust a pneumatic component correctly.
What you'll learn
- Assemble and test a range of pneumatic circuit
- Assemble and test a range of pneumatic circuits using different types of controls
- Safely isolate a pneumatic system for maintenance purposes
- Diagnose a pneumatic system related fault
- Set and adjust a pneumatic control valve
- Interpreting a schematic
- Understanding the operation and function of control valves and actuators
- Know how to read and interpret a schematic
- Know how to identify a pneumatic component
- Know how to safely isolate a pneumatic system
- Kno whow to diagnose a fault
- Know how to make an adjustment to the setting of a pneumatic component
A 3 day course.
All our standard courses and bespoke courses may be delivered on-site at IPS or customer premises.
These courses can be used in conjunction with an NVQ programme to support and supplement the practical skills requirements.