Health & Social Care
Our Health and Social Care qualifications provide candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to work in a variety of health and social care settings – from helping people with a particular need to providing vital assistance to health care professionals actively involved in the care of those who need support.
City and Guilds award all of our Diploma qualifications.
All of our Distance-learning Short Courses are awarded by Cache and NCFE Qualifications.
We will help you to identify the correct qualifications for you and your employer and then support you as we deliver and assess the programmes. Our diplomas are delivered either at your site or at either of our training centres in Medway or Dover. This is a real qualification based on your day to day job and giving you recognitation for the work you are doing.
Diplomas we offer:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and management for Health and Social Care
CARE COMMERICAL TRAINING
Candidates can study at a time and place convenient to them. Our certificates are delivered flexibly or at either of our training centers in Medway or Dover using engaging learning content.
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Team leading Knowledge
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Safe Handling of Medicines
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in Care Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood illness
- Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medication
Bespoke Training Packages
We can deliver a range of short and full day, bespoke courses, these can be developed with the employer requirements in mind, and can be delivered in the work place or one of our training centres, examples of topics recently developed for employers include:
- Nutrition and hydration
- Record keeping
- Dementia awareness
- Introduction to Medication administration
- Effective communication techniques
- End of Life
- Equality & Diversity
- Mental Health
- Learning Disability
DISTANCE SHORT COURSES Level 2 and 3:
You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to 12 weeks from the time of registration.
SKILLS FOR CARE ENDORSED PROGRAMMES
IPS are a Skills for Care (SFC) endorsed provider, therefore we are happy to offer both the Well Led and Lead to Succeed programmes.
Skills for Care bespoke courses:
Lead to Succeed
This programme is designed to help aspiring leaders and managers to develop their leadership and management potential.
The programme will teach how successful behaviours and practical strategies can support leaders in their day to day work, as well as considering how they could implement these behaviours and strategies, now and in the future.
- successful behaviours for leaders and managers
- developing a positive culture
- effective supervision
- leading and managing the process of change
- leading and managing the inspection process
It complements the Manager Induction Standards and Level 4 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management in Adult Social Care.
Well-led is a national leadership development programme for managers of adult social care services working in the private, public or third sectors. The programme is grounded in the reality of social care delivery and has been developed in partnership with registered managers familiar with the day-to-day challenges of leading a care team.
The Well-led programme is delivered over four learning and development modules and supported by a resource pack of key learning materials and practical tasks which can be used to cascade and embed back into the workplace.
Real-life examples from managers of organisations rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ are used to show what is needed to achieve and sustain high standards to deliver high-quality, person-centred care. The programme will support learners to gain a very clear understanding of what well-led looks like and find solutions to improve the quality of care.
The programme is underpinned by models of leadership that can be practically applied to deliver change and secure a well-led future.
The Well-led programme will support learners to:
- understand how leadership strategies and techniques can be used to transform services and improve the quality of care
- enhance leadership skills to become a more effective leader
- gain improved confidence to lead services in an increasingly complex and challenging sector
- develop clear goals to improve personal leadership effectiveness
- learn from others and share experiences and ideas with peers to develop a strong support network
On completion of the programme, we aim for learners to leave empowered, confident and well-equipped to effectively lead a workforce with the right values to provide high quality person-centred care.